From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:

Glenoid \Gle"noid\, a. [Gr. ?; ? socket of a joint + e'i^dos
   form; cf. F. gl['e]no["i]de.] (Anat.)
   Having the form of a smooth and shallow depression;
   socketlike; -- applied to several articular surfaces of bone;
   as, the glenoid cavity, or fossa, of the scapula, in which
   the head of the humerus articulates.
   [1913 Webster]
Feedback Form