axle guard

From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:

Axle guard \Ax"le guard`\
   The part of the framing of a railway car or truck, by which
   an axle box is held laterally, and in which it may move
   vertically; -- also called a jaw in the United States, and a
   housing in England.
   [1913 Webster]
Feedback Form