gauze dresser

From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:

Gauze \Gauze\ (g[add]z), n. [F. gaze; so called because it was
   first introduced from Gaza, a city of Palestine.]
   A very thin, slight, transparent stuff, generally of silk;
   also, any fabric resembling silk gauze; as, wire gauze;
   cotton gauze.
   [1913 Webster]

   Gauze dresser, one employed in stiffening gauze.
      [1913 Webster]
Feedback Form