glover's stitch

From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:

Glover \Glov"er\, n.
   One whose trade it is to make or sell gloves.
   [1913 Webster]

   Glover's suture or Glover's stitch, a kind of stitch used
      in sewing up wounds, in which the thread is drawn
      alternately through each side from within outward.
      [1913 Webster]
Feedback Form