graduated cap

From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:

Graduated \Grad"u*a"ted\, a.
   1. Marked with, or divided into, degrees; divided into
      [1913 Webster]

   2. (Zool.) Tapered; -- said of a bird's tail when the outer
      feathers are shortest, and the others successively longer.
      [1913 Webster]

   3. Having visible marks and numbers at vertical intervals,
      permitting one to estimate the quantitity of material
      contained; -- of vessels, most commonly those used in
      laboratories for containing liquids. See {graduated
      cylinder}, etc., below.

   Graduated cylinder, Graduated flask, Graduated tube,
   Graduated bottle, Graduated cap, Graduated glass a
      vessel, usually of glass, having horizontal marks upon its
      sides, with figures, to indicate the amount of the
      contents at the several levels.

   Graduated spring (Railroads), a combination of metallic and
      rubber springs.
      [1913 Webster]
Feedback Form