From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:

Jibe \Jibe\ (j[imac]b), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Jibed (j[imac]bd);
   p. pr. & vb. n. Jibing (j[imac]b"[i^]ng).] [Cf. Dan. gibbe,
   D. gijpen, v. i., and dial. Sw. gippa to jerk. Cf. Jib, n.
   & v. i.] (Naut.)
   To shift, as the boom of a fore-and-aft sail, from one side
   of a vessel to the other when the wind is aft or on the
   quarter. See Gybe.
   [1913 Webster]
Feedback Form