wall knot

From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:

Wall \Wall\, n. (Naut.)
   A kind of knot often used at the end of a rope; a wall knot;
   a wale.
   [1913 Webster]

   Wall knot, a knot made by unlaying the strands of a rope,
      and making a bight with the first strand, then passing the
      second over the end of the first, and the third over the
      end of the second and through the bight of the first; a
      wale knot. Wall knots may be single or double, crowned or
      [1913 Webster]
Feedback Form