From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:

Warble \War"ble\, n. [Cf. Wormil.]
   [1913 Webster]
   1. (Far.)
      (a) A small, hard tumor which is produced on the back of a
          horse by the heat or pressure of the saddle in
      (b) A small tumor produced by the larvae of the gadfly in
          the backs of horses, cattle, etc. Called also
          warblet, warbeetle, warnles.
          [1913 Webster]

   2. (Zool.) See Wormil.
      [1913 Webster]
Feedback Form